Drones in Construction
Drone use in the construction industry has soared exponentially in recent years, with an increasing number of building companies reaping the benefits that drone technology in construction has to offer. Indeed, beyond recording high-quality aerial footage of your land or building from all angles, aerial drones can be used for a variety of incredibly practical applications, including – but not limited to – building surveillance and inspection.
How can drones be used in construction?
There are two main ways in which drones can be used in construction: inspections and surveys.
Our skilled drone pilots are able to fly our bespoke drones close to your building, in order to capture sharp, defined footage and photographs of specific features, be it your roof, chimneys or other traditionally difficult-to-access areas.
Here at Impact Aerial, we have over twenty years of experience assisting our valued clients with their construction projects using our top-of-the-range aerial drones to capture all the data they need to complete essential tasks with ease. With the help of our fully trained, fully licensed drone pilots, they are able to guarantee compliance quickly and safely, dedicating the time, effort and money they have saved through our services to other aspects of the job.
Aside from our Drones for Data Collection, we also have drones property surveys that are customised for real estate properties; our drones are equipped with high-resolution cameras and sensors to capture detailed information about your property.
Why are drones used in construction?
There are multiple benefits of using drones in construction. Here are just some of the ways in which your company may benefit:
- Drones in construction will save you time: Aerial drones can cover significant stretches of land or infrastructure much more quickly than a manned team using traditional methods ever could. As such, if you have a large area to survey, it often pays off to use drones in construction. It could shave days, weeks, and perhaps even months of planning and preparation from your project timeline, giving you greater scope to analyse any relevant data for better-informed decisions, blueprints, and plans of action as a result.
- Drones in construction will save you money: Because the use of drone technology allows your team to focus its efforts elsewhere, your construction project will be able to advance much more quickly. This ultimately translates into significant cost savings, as you’ll maximise the potential of your salaried employees. What’s more, the inspection itself will require fewer employees and you won’t have to invest in complex safety equipment, either.
- Drones in construction facilitate access: One of the major benefits of drones in construction is that they are able to access areas that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, to reach. For instance, you may need to access an area shrouded in thick foliage or debris, or you could need to assess the condition of an older, weakened building that is potentially too unstable for people to climb or stand on. This is often the case when it comes to inspecting your roof.
- Drones in construction are safer: Because we can pilot our drones over areas that are difficult for humans to access, such as high-rise buildings or structures under construction, there is far less risk involved in the inspection process overall. We are fully insured for all of our flights and can complete any inspection much more safely than a fully equipped, fully insured team of physical workers ever could. Why place your employees in unnecessary danger and risk costly lawsuits when you could complete the job quickly, safely, and affordably using our fleet of specialist construction drones instead?
- Drones in construction produce more reliable images: Drones are able to capture high-resolution images and video footage of your construction site from all angles. The detail they can record is much greater and more accurate than traditional imaging techniques, such as zooming in on a digital camera, and is much cheaper than using a manned helicopter or plane.
Drone Inspections For Construction
Now you know how drones can be used in construction and are familiar with the reasons why, you may want to know a little more about the process. Indeed, the use of drone technology in construction doesn’t stop at the flight. Here at Impact Aerial, we take great pride in our tried-and-tested methods, aiming to provide the highest possible quality and reassurance at all times.
Here’s how we work:
- Planning: Prior to conducting your inspection, our experienced drone operators will plan the flight path, taking any relevant safety precautions and regulations into account. They will also ensure that your bespoke drone is fitted with all the sensors you need to capture the relevant data.
- The flight: Our trained pilots will fly your custom drone over your construction site, capturing images and videos of the area to be inspected. They will maintain constant communication with your on-ground team throughout the flight, in order to address any questions or queries you may have along the way.
- Data collection: Post flight, we will collect all the data we gathered, creating detailed reports on your construction site based on this information.
- Analysis: We will then review the footage, images, and data reports with you, allowing you to assess your site and project progress and identify any potential issues.
- Follow-up: If, after reviewing your site, you decide that further action is required, you may wish to draw up additional reports and project schedules, which may or may not include further aerial drone inspections. We will be on hand to assist with all your construction drone needs whenever you might need us.
Ready to take your construction project to new heights?
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help. A member of our friendly team would be more than happy to talk you through drone use in the construction industry, in addition to explaining the benefits of drones in construction in more detail.